- Instructional Support Services
On Monday, June 6, 2022, high school students who have distinguished themselves in the arts and humanities during high school were honored for their significant achievement. Students from school districts in the Orange-Ulster BOCES region were feted at the Senior Scholar Humanities Honoree Ceremony and Breakfast held Kuhl’s Highland House. The event was coordinated by the Orange-Ulster BOCES Division of Instructional Support.
The students, their parents, high school principals, superintendents, and BOCES administration were invited to celebrate the students’ outstanding accomplishments in the fine arts, performing arts, and the humanities.
The keynote speaker for the event was Konnor Kelly, a recent Cornwall HS graduate, who is now a professional dancer known his extraordinary choreography. He also serves as a dance teacher at Step By Step Dance Studio in Cornwall-On-Hudson.
He holds several dance competition titles such as "Mr. World Dance" from the World Dance Pageant and "Mr. KAR" from KAR Dance Competition. He has performed with the Rockettes at the world-famous Radio City Music Hall in NYC. Currently, you can see him dance on So You Think You Can Dance on Fox Television. He advised the students to follow their hearts and dreams and express their talents.
2022 OU BOCES Senior Scholars in the Arts and Humanities Awardees:
- Emilie Fiore and Carly Weinberger (Chester Academy)
- Jonathan Arcangel and Angelina Hansen (Cornwall HS)
- Theodore Heavner and Zoe Vaught ( George F. Baker HS)
- Ysabela Paneto and Jason Orzell (Goshen HS)
- Joseph Papaccio and Emily Faint (James I. O'Neill HS)
- Jana Kralik and Maya Lejovitzky (Marguerite A. Flood HS)
- Katerina Calderone and Leilanis Sanchez (Marlboro HS)
- Jaden Verley and Alexis Redmond (Middletown HS)
- Hannah Veety and Audrey Cahill (Minisink Valley HS)
- Kalyssa Insdorf and Makayla Thuesday (Monroe-Woodbury HS)
- Tory Shropshire-Howerton and John O'Sullivan (Newburgh Free Academy)
- Rachael Lauterborn and Daniella Deckaj (Pine Bush HS)
- Braeden Ross and Jorge D. Rivera (Port Jervis HS)
- Dominick LaBelle and Grace Stroh-Simon (S.S. Seward Institute)
- Samantha Prezioso and Julia Wilson (Valley Central HS)
- Erin Eicher and Timothy Leonard (Warwick Valley HS)
- Aryanna Wongsing and Cheyanne Hernandez (Washingtonville HS)