Orange-Ulster BOCES School Wellness Policy
A School Wellness Committee representing the divisions and programs of Orange-Ulster BOCES including teachers, administrators, nurses, parents and students was first convened in March 2006, with the goal of promoting activities of health and wellness for students in full-day programs and for staff across the organization.
Orange-Ulster BOCES has a School Wellness policy approved by the Board. The major components of this policy promote education and activities that include physical education, nutrition, mental health and other activities supporting health and wellness among students and staff.
In order to support student health and wellness, Orange-Ulster BOCES has the following wellness goals for full-time students:
- Provide nutrition education and nutritional activities
- Provide physical education and promote physical activities
- Provide mental health and mental health activities
In addition, Orange-Ulster BOCES offers wellness workshops for staff that include a variety topics on physical, mental and financial help. If you have any questions please contact Human Resources at 10130.
- Goals to Promote Wellness
- Health and Mental Health Education
- Nutrition Education
- Physical Activity
- Foods and Beverages Available in School and School-Sponsored Events
- Other School-Based Activities
- Vending Machines and Fundraising New Panel
- Nutrition Guidelines
- Nutritional Values of Foods and Beverages
- Implementation and Evaluation of the Wellness Policy