Reopening Information and Resources for Parents, Students and Employees
Below please find news, links and resources for Reopening OU BOCES for the 2020-2021 school year. Updates will be posted here as they are made available.
Orange-Ulster BOCES Reopening Plan
The Orange-Ulster BOCES Reopening Task Force and building level teams have developed plans for in-person and remote learning in accordance with guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the New York State Department of Health and the New York State Education Department.
The framework of our plan is to open all Special Education Programs through a full in-person model. Career and Technical Education Programs will operate through a hybrid model where students will receive in-person and remote instruction on an alternating day (A/B) schedule. The Task Force has also developed fully remote models in the event conditions change.
The OU BOCES full reopening plan has been submitted to the State Education Department and the NYS Department of Health.
Guidance from the New York State Education Department
- Recovering, Rebuilding, and Renewing: The Spirit of New York’s Schools - Reopening Guidance
View recordings of Virtual Town Hall Meetings for Parents/Community
- Recording of the 9:00 Friday, August 14, 2020, Town Hall Meeting. You will need to enter the following password: rAhn*76y
- Recording of the 11:00 Friday, August 14, 2020, Town Hall Meeting. You will need to enter the following password: 3n!@6.Y=
- Recording of the 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 19, 2020, Town Hall Meeting. You will need to enter the following password: ^n1+6b?J
Reopening Informational Flyers
The following flyers have been emailed to students' families:
- Travel Advisory Information 8/28/20
- Travel Advisory Information in Spanish 8/28/20
- Guidelines/Instructions for Wearing a Face Covering 8/30/20
- Guidelines/Instructions for Wearing a Face Covering in Spanish 8/30/20
- How to Wash Your Hands 8/31/20
- How to Wash Your Hands in Spanish 8/31/20
- Daily Home Screening for Students 9/1/20
- Daily Home Screening for Students in Spanish 9/1/20
- Maintaining Social Distance 9/2/20
- Maintaining Social Distance in Spanish 9/2/20