Orange-Ulster BOCES Food Service Objectives
Orange-Ulster BOCES Food Service recognizes that students need adequate nourishing food in order to grow, learn and maintain health, and they are committed to promoting a healthy lifestyle.
We are dedicated to contributing to students' nutritional well-being and prevention of disease by...
- Careful selection of foods and beverages
- Meet or exceed nutritional standards as provided by state and federal regulations and as required by the National School Lunch Program
- Prepare foods in ways that will appeal to students, retain nutritive quality and foster life-long good eating habits
- Serve in grade-appropriate portions sold at reasonable and standard pricing
- Give priority to serving fresh fruit
THINK SMART, EAT WELL AND EXERCISE DAILY!
School Breakfast and Lunch is Available to All Students at No Charge!
Please see the Orange-Ulster BOCES Food Services Parent Handbook for Additional Information.
- CDC COVID-19 Tools for K-12
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- How to Pay for Snacks
- Allergies/Special Dietary Needs
- Family Income Survey
- Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT)
- FFVP -Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Program
- Don't forget to "Blend" in 2020
- U.S. Department of Agriculture Civil Rights Compliance
Summer Meals are available for students
SUMMER MEALS ARE FREE. Healthy meals for kids and teens are served at favorite summertime places when the school year is over. If you are age 18 and under you can come when breakfast, lunch, and /or snacks are served. There is no signup or paperwork, and parents are welcome to bring their own meals
and eat with their children. Many places that offer summer meals also have fun, enriching activities, too!
For summer meal locations, information and referrals for health and human services DIAL 2-1-1
Food Service Resources
Find information about the Pandemic Electronic Benefits Transfer (P-EBT) program providing food benefits for families during COVID-19 school closures.
Find information from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service about finding meals for students
Find information from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service about eating healthy by varying your veggies
View or download 2018-2019 USDA Reimbursable School Lunch Requirements